For your edification, you should probably not watch G.I. Jane for the first time and then read hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com for like three hours straight and then try to go to bed. Because, sadly, no matter how tired your body is, your brain will be all, "Ahhhhh! Women's rights! I am a bad-ass! I am a *funny* bad-ass!" And no matter how hard you try to think about other things (ie, zombies, chocolate, courting patterns of early hominids), you will not be able to force your brain from its frantic feminist observational humor track (I feel like there should be a comma somewhere in that last bit, but I can't figure out where to put it, so nevermind).
The same thing (unfortunately) happens when I listen to Pink. Somehow, the simple fact that I am a) female and b) currently listening to a song about independence makes me feel like a total rock star, despite the fact that dancing horrifies me more than the demon mutant spawn of a dragon that has been raped by a gigantic spider-scorpion. Yep. That much.
There is no point to this post. In fact, if I wasn't so lazy I would go back up to the top and write a disclaimer telling my reader((s) maybe?) not to waste their time with this one. That's prolly not going to happen, though. So I'll just put my disclaimer here:
This is one of my more pointless posts.
Consider yourself post-warned.
but but but... I LOVE hyperboleandahalf!!
ReplyDelete